The Ivy Wellness & Beauty Salon is offering you the chance to lie back, relax and soak up all the goodness the seas and oceans have to offer, right in the comfort of their glam salon.
This salon gives you a unique opportunity to float in a soothing and tranquil steaming bath of fresh seawater and wild, organic seaweed.
“Breathe deeply and sense the tension, aches and pains simply slip away; an ideal way to unwind any time. Our VOYA Seaweed Baths and organic treatments are especially recommended for those who are overworked, stressed, or simply seeking an effective, natural, detoxifying process for the skin.”
But why seaweed? Seaweed actually has many benefits for us, particularly our skin. “The benefits of seaweed and its extracts are numerous and can be attributed to the great wealth of material that it contains.”
- Seaweed or algae are the oldest forms of life on the planet. Seaweeds draw from the sea an incomparable wealth of mineral elements, macro-elements, vitamins and trace elements. The mineral content of some seaweeds accounts for up to 80% of its dry matter and our skin absorbs approximately 60% to 70% of that which we expose it to.
- The iodine or iodine-protein complexes, which are prevalent in seaweed are essential for our thyroid glands, to regulate our body’s metabolism. “An underactive thyroid can lead to weight gain, fatigue, cold sensitivity, loss of hair and slow pulse.”
- Seaweed has curative properties to help you heal. “The oils in seaweed have long been used to recuperate from illness, by detoxifying the body and helping the renewal of damaged skin cells.”
- Seaweed also has natural anti-ageing and anti-cellulite properties! “It can improve the suppleness and elasticity of the skin. It can stimulate the renewal of damaged skin cells. It can detoxify and cleanse, tone the skin, naturally smooth and moisturise the skin.” Who wouldn’t want that?
- It’ll breathe life back into your hair! “Algae extracts have a pronounced moisturising effect on the hair, increasing hair lustre and softness and decreasing its electrostatic charge. Treated hair will gain more body and become less fly-away.”
- “Seaweed has the ability to react with protein to form a gel, which has a pronounced moisturising effect on the skin, softens the hands and body, and produces soothing face packs or masks.”
- “Seaweed is an emollient with smoothing, tissue renewal and anti-inflammatory properties that can have a positive effect on problems, such as facial wrinkles.”
- “Essential fatty acids that are contained in Seaweed are a part of the lipid layer in your skin and help maintain the suppleness and elasticity of skin.”
- “Seaweeds contain algal polyphenols and carotenoids, which have been proven to be powerful antioxidants.”
- “Seaweed has been used as an effective treatment for conditions like Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis and Acne.” Say no more, we’re already in the tub!
The Ivy Wellness & Beauty Salon
1 St Andrew’s Terrace, Newtown Road, Waterford
051 340 554