As a nation, we like to make the most of what little sunshine we usually receive over the Summer. This often means that we put ourselves and our skin in unnecessary danger by not protecting it against the Sun’s harmful rays. We must remember the Sun is a powerful force, even from behind clouds. With increasing incidences of skin cancer in Ireland, we need to be more aware of the harmful effects of the Sun and to always protect the whole family against Sun damage. Uriage are keeping you Sun savvy with their top 10 tips to protect your skin this Summer, whether home or abroad.
Tips from Uriage to make sure you and your children are safe in the Sun
- Try to avoid being out in the Sun when it is at its hottest. This is generally around 10:30am to 3:30pm in the Summer months.
- Use your clothes to cover-up vulnerable areas and sit in the shade if it is at all possible.
- Find a hat that will provide extra cover. One with a three inch brim can give you adequate protection.
- It might sound obvious, but make sure to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen to all areas of exposed skin, and when doing so, make sure to use a sufficient amount of product. Use two layers, rather than one, to be safe.
- Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before leaving the house, and importantly, remember to reapply every 80 minutes or after any swimming or sweating, even if using a waterproof formula.
- Kids love swimming when on holiday but make sure that after they get out of the pool or sea that you dry them with a towel and reapply sunscreen.
- Finally, do not forget to apply to these areas on yourself and your children – the top of the head, the ears, nape of the neck and also feet!
The Uriage Bariesun range offers high protection suncare for face and body, adults and children, in an array of textures.
Available in pharmacies nationwide and at uriage.ie.
Uriage Bariésun Spray SPF 50+
Uriage Bariésun Spray SPF 50+ is a very high protection sun-lotion, which has been enriched in Uriage Thermal Water, which provides moisturising and protective properties. This lotion is hypoallergenic and designed for sensitive skins.
Thanks to a high performance filtering complex, this spray provides very high protection against UVA and UVB rays, free radicals and prevents skin from drying out. Its light, non-greasy and pleasantly fragranced texture guarantees renewed pleasure of use each time that it is applied. This spray guarantees high safety, high tolerance and fast absorption.
Uriage Thermal Water, at the core of Bariésun formulas, fights against the harmful effects of the Sun. The skin barrier is therefore reinforced and the DNA is protected against damage by UV rays.
Its new complex of latest-generation filters provides very high protection against UV rays. This spray guarantees proven photostability and broad UVB and UVA coverage. Enriched with Aquaspongines and Uriage Thermal Water, the spray provides intense protection against dryness. The formula is waterproof, it has a very practical spray bottle that you can carry anywhere. It is free from octocrylen, cinamate, paraben, alcohol.
Uriage Bariesun Lipstick SPF 30
Protect your lips from harmful UVA and UVB rays with the Uriage Bariesun Lipstick SPF30.
It’s good to protect our lips with a balm in all-weather but add in Sun protection with Uriage Bariesun Lipstick SPF30 for maximum safety from the Sun’s rays.
Uriage Bariesun Lipstick SPF 30 effectively protects lips from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays, while restoring softness and comfort. Thanks to its anti UVA-UVB filtering complex, this stick provides high protection; perfect for everyday use, all year round.
With a moisturising base, enriched with vitamins A, C and E, as well as essential fatty acids, the stick nourishes lips, as well as being water-resistant.
Uriage Light Water Cream SPF20
It’s essential to stay hydrated when on holidays and the skin is no exception. Refreshing and invigorating, this newly launched light cream moisturises the skin and contains active ingredients that help defend it from the harmful effects of urban pollution. It also protects the skin from UVA and UVB rays thanks to an SPF 20 filter. The light water cream continuously optimises the moisturisation for the epidermis and helps to recreate a film on the surface and gradually releases the moisturising agents contained in the Water Cream.