Over 600 of Ireland’s elite beauty professionals gathered at the Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport Hotel for a star studded night, put on to recognise and reward the best in the beauty industry on Sunday September 2.
That was the beauty edition of The Irish Hair and Beauty Awards 2018 which have been split in two ceremonies due to the high volume of guests attending the event. The hair related categories will be presented on Sunday 9 th September in an exclusive celebration of Ireland’s hair stylists and salons.
The Irish Hair and Beauty Awards 2018, now in their third year have become a staple event in the hair and beauty calendar. The awards celebrated the amazing breadth of talent as well as the efforts and dedication of the very best beauticians who invest in ensuring their customers always receive high-quality services and treatments, making them look and feel fantastic.
As chosen by the public, finalists from across Ireland attended the glamorous ceremony, where the meritorious winners were announced by the well known Irish best seller author and TV presenter, Andrea Hayes.
A spokesperson of the Irish Hair and Beauty Awards 2018 said: “We are honoured to have welcomed some of the best beauty gurus of the industry at the third Irish Hair and Beauty Awards. It was definitely a memorable and inspiring night reflecting the style and talent that flow in this country.
“These awards celebrated the growth and profitability of the hair and beauty industry. All winners and finalists should feel really proud of themselves as the competition was really tough this year.
“We commit to continue pushing businesses and professionals forward to showcase themselves and get the recognition they deserve.”
The awards also provided the opportunity to fundraise for the official charity partner, Look Good Feel Better Ireland that helps women and teenagers manage the visible side effects of cancer treatment.
The winners of the Irish Hair and Beauty Awards 2018-Beauty Edition are:
- Beauty Salon of the Year South West: Revo Hair & Beauty (Cork) [Editor’s note: Congratulations to our Style Member!]
- Permanent Make Up Specialist of the Year: K Lush Permanent Art & Beauty (Dublin)
- Tanning Salon of the Year: Kiwisun Tanning and Beauty Salon (Swords)
- Cosmetic Clinic of the Year: Mediskin (Nenagh)
- Makeup Specialist of the Year: Lotus Makeup By Rachel (Swords)
- Nail Salon of the Year: I heart nails (Waterford)
- Dublin’s Nail Technician of the Year: Nicole Teehan (Genevieve Nail & Beauty, Dublin)
- Spa of the Year: Escape Spa at the Imperial Hotel (Cork)
- Nail Technician of the Year: Chresida Power (Nail it with Chersida, Monaghan)
- Creative Nail Artist of the Year: Brenda Molly (Queën Bee, Blanchardstown)
- Beautician of the Year: Sarah Moore (The Beauty Rooms, Thurles)
- Masseuse of the Year: Rhona Kelly (Shankill Holistic Centre, Dublin)
- Salon Ambience of the Year: Fifty Shades Nails and Beauty (Dublin)
- Team of the Year: Beautique Beauty Salon (Mullingar)
- Beauty Training Academy of the Year: Creative Academy (Dublin)
- Most Wanted Beauty Salon: Pretty Woman Beauty Salon (Finglas)
- Customer Service of the Year: Studio Dolls Hair & Beauty (Crumlin)
- Lashes Extension Specialist of the Year: The Lash Boutique (Bray)
- Beauty Salon of the Year Borders: Touch & Glow Skin & Laser Clinic (Carrickmacross)
- Beauty Salon of the Year West: The Front Room (Ballinasloe)
- Beauty Salon of the Year Midlands: NK Nails & Beauty (Portlaoise)
- Beauty Salon of the Year Dublin: Burgundy Skin & Beauty Salon (Blackrock)
- Beauty Salon of the Year South East: Zen Beauty Bar (Wexford)
- Beauty Salon of the Year: Burgundy Skin & Beauty Salon (Blackrock)