There are two new SkinCeuticals retinols in the existing range, with the launch of Retinol 0.5 and Retinol 1.0. SkinCeuticals’ Retinol is formulated with some of the highest concentrations of pure retinol available and enhanced with SkinCeuticals stabilisation and delivery technologies. Designed for maximum efficacy and stability, the products
help to carry high concentrations of retinol to the skin.
Problem: Wrinkles, fine lines, age spots or pigmentation, problematic acne-prone skin with scarring, large pores that appears rough and mottled.
Solution: Retinol 0.5 and Retinol 1.0 help stimulate epidermal cell regeneration and boost collagen production. Results include diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, fading age spots from both photo-ageing and intrinsic-ageing, minimising the appearance of pore size, and correcting blemishes and blotchiness often associated with problematic skin.
Retinol 0.5 contains 0.5% pure retinol and is recommended as a prerequisite to SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0. Perfect for
problematic and photo-damaged skin, Retinol 1.0 contains 1% pure retinol, the highest concentration currently available from SkinCeuticals, and should be used as an advanced treatment, once skin has been pre-conditioned with a lower level retinol, for example, SkinCeuticals’ Retinol 0.3% or 0.5%.
Both Retinol 0.5 and Retinol 1.0 are only available via leading SkinCeuticals accounts where there is a doctor or qualified nurse available to give advice on usage.
Key ingredient features and benefits
High concentrations of pure retinol:
- Ensures maximum benefits, such as reduced appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, age spots and blemishes
- A potent anti-irritant, derived from the chamomile plant that helps soothe and calm the skin.
Dual protection/time-release system:
- Preserves optimal efficacy of retinol, the highly sensitive active.
- Minimises erythema commonly associated with the use of some retinoids
Delivery system based on skin’s natural lipid structure:
- Delivers high concentrations of retinol to the target site
Retinol 0.5 and Retinol 1.0 usage
- Limit initial usage to once or twice a week.
- Gradually increase frequency to every other night, and finally each evening as tolerated.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of Retinol 0.5 or Retinol 1.0 to thoroughly cleansed skin in the evening. Carefully
avoid the eyes and the corner of the eyes.
- To ensure optimal results, wait at least 30 minutes before applying any further corrective or moisturising products.
SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid 2:4:2 has also been clinically proven to improve the tolerance of retinol usage and improve the dryness of skin that can be associated.
This new nightly corrective cream is formulated to deliver a true 10% glycolic acid, to promote cellular turnover for a quantifiable glow. Providing an exfoliating action to reveal brighter skin, it’s clinically proven to give a 36% improvement in skin’s overall radiance and 37% improvement in texture in just eight weeks.
Problem: Lacklustre, dull skin with uneven texture and tone, fine lines, as well as signs of photo-ageing and Sun damage.
Solution: Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight is the first at-home glycolic nightly renewal cream to be formulated to work at a true 10% concentration for maximum efficacy, dissolving cellular cohesions and promoting cell turnover. It is complemented by 2% phytic acid, a chelating agent, which provides dual-action exfoliation and skin brightening effects, while a triple-action soothing complex fortifies the skin barrier.
Clinically proven as tolerable for nightly use, Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight improves the appearance of skin texture and tone, revealing a brighter more radiant complexion.
Key ingredient features and benefits
10% Glycolic free acid value:
- Formulated with 14.6% glycolic acid with a pH of 3.5, which delivers a true 10% active level. To achieve this SkinCeuticals identified the direct correlation between pH balance and glycolic concentration and adjusted this to achieve an accurate optimum of 10%.
- A fruit acid, derived from sugar cane, it penetrates deeply, dissolving cellular cohesions to release dead and dehydrated cells.
- The accelerated rate of desquamation stimulates new cell generation, resulting in improved skin texture, tone and a brighter complexion.
2% Phytic Acid:
- Naturally present in legumes and seeds, this polyphosphate has a unique molecular structure that provides comprehensive exfoliation.
- Helps to inhibit the impact of skin aggressors that can cause dullness, promoting skin clarity and glow
1% soothing complex:
- Derived from a combination of natural oils and botanicals, including jojoba and sunflower seed.
- Forms a protective breathable layer to help lock-in hydration and provide comfort.
Glycolic 10 Renew Overnight usage
- Pre-condition the skin by limiting initial use to once every other evening.
- Apply a pea-sized amount to clean skin and spread over entire face and neck. Avoid eye area.
- After one week, increase to every evening or as advised by a skincare professional.
- Always use with a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the daytime.
This product is ideal as part of a homecare regimen to complement skin brightening and clarifying aesthetic procedures, including chemical peels.