It’s that time of the week again and sadly, this is our last festive recipe from Monika Coghlan of Pepperazzi this year. However, we’ll take our spiced cranberry wine spritzers with pride and ‘cheers’ to a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 star anise, plus 4 to decorate
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cloves
- Chilled white wine
- Chilled sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Place all ingredients, except for the wine and the sparkling water, in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the cranberries start to pop and you get a syrup-like consistency. Leave to cool.
- Sieve through a fine mesh strainer straight into your serving glasses filled with ice cubes; fill about 1/4 glass with the cranberry syrup.
- Add 1/2 glass of white wine and top with some sparkling water.
- Decorate with a few berries, rosemary and star anise.
086 375 4058