This year was a very different year to 2017. Social awareness of many issues came to the fore, the most pressing being climate change. Eminence is the most active beauty brand on this front worldwide and before its time, adopting best environmental practices from establishment.
Packaging Innovation – From styrofoam to cornstarch
We’re all familiar with pesky styrofoam peanut packaging. Once it falls onto your floor it’s a nuisance to pick up. Imagine what it’s doing to the environment and how long it takes to degrade. That’s 450 years by the way!
As part of their green practices, since the start of 2018 Eminence now ships all products with biodegradable packing peanuts made out of cornstarch instead of styrofoam. These non-toxic packing peanuts dissolve easily in warm water and will even disintegrate in soil or your compost bin.
The company plants a tree for every product sold and constantly works to upgrade its packaging.
In 2016, Eminence received the International Spa Association’s (ISPA) Innovate Award for Philanthropic Initiatives for the Forests for the Future program, which plants a tree for every retail product purchased. The life-changing impact of Forests for the Future is only possible because of the ongoing support of their dedicated spa partners! This too is an innovation before its time.
- Products are handmade without severe heating or hydrogenating processes that can affect the nutritional content and potency of natural ingredients.
- Vitamins are captured in their all-natural fresh base, and seeds, pulps and peels impart regenerative and healing powers that only nature can produce.
- Free of parabens, animal by-products, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, harmful colorants and fragrances, mineral oils, petroleum, and other harsh cosmetic chemicals.
- All boxes are made from post-consumer recycled material and can be recycled.
- Containers are made out of recycled, non-toxic plastic and are recyclable.
- All packing boxes are reused or recycled.
- Packing chips are made of 100% biodegradable corn that dissolves harmlessly in water.
- Eco-friendly software system means less printed invoices.
- Electricity usage is offset with wind power credits and solar panels on the roof.
- Letterhead printed on post-consumer recycled paper using vegetable-based inks.
- All paper used in the office is recycled.
- Office space is designed as an eco-alternative building.
- Courier company uses hybrid vehicles.
- Large shipments are sent on trucks running biodiesel made from recycled household vegetable oil.
- Products are shipped by air with Lufthansa – the leading airline in the fight against climate change.
- 92% of employees walk, bike or take public transit to work.
Green Spa Programme
- Rewarding spas who are actively engaged in green practices.
- Recognised as a green spa on Spa Locators for customers seeking eco-friendly spas.