Everyone loves a decadent dessert now and again, especially snuggled up at home under a blanket by the fire.
And of course, everything tastes so much better when you make it yourself! Monika Coghlan of food photography and styling company, Pepperazzi, has just the dessert recipe to satisfy your chocolately needs. And this concoction serves six, so oyou can invite your friends over for a cheeky nibble too… or stuff your face – we won’t tell.
- 200g 80% dark chocolate
- 200ml double cream
- 3 eggs
- 2tbsp soft brown sugar
- Zest of 2 clementines
- Juice of 1 clementine
- In a medium pot, bring some water to the boil, then reduce the heat. Place a glass, heatproof bowl on the pot of simmering water, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream.
- Separate the eggs. Whisk the yolks, the sugar, the clementine zest and juice with the whipped cream until well combined.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Stir the creamy mixture with the melted chocolate. Then fold-in the egg whites.
- Spoon into 6 individual glasses or jars.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with some clementine zest and grated dark chocolate, and serve.
If you decide ot have a go at making this delicious chocolate and clementine mousse, tag us in your Instagrammable masterpiece at @hi_magazine and don’t forget to tag the recipe wizz, @pepperazzi_food_photography.
086 375 4058