It’s the chunky sneaker takeover and Skechers have some ultra cool styles!
Irish style icon and Skechers Ireland brand ambassador Pippa O’Connor has picked the Skechers Energy shoe as one of her favourite Skechers styles. Birthed in the 90’s, this very style was advertised in the early 2000s by Disney clubhouse members-turned-pop sensations, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. Today due to the phenomenal popularity of chunky trainers, Skechers has re-launched this shoe on its 20th Anniversary. The Skechers Energy shoe is available at Skechers stores nationwide and priced at €75.
In the early 2000s, the Skechers Energy was a global bestseller for the Californian based footwear company. The casual sport sneaker with its smooth leather upper and 1 1/2 inch heel is the perfect mix of style and comfort and ticks the “chunky sneaker”, trend box this season. From the phenomenal success of the Energy, evolved the iconic Skechers D’lites collection which has remained a staple for many Skechers fans for decades. The current resurgence in the popularity of this collection has led Skechers to launch D’lites 3.0, a fresh take on this much-loved style.
D’lites 3.0 – Zenway (€90)
Take flight from a classic design with enhanced comfort and style with the Skechers D’Lites 3 – Zenway shoe. Smooth leather, soft suede and mesh fabric in a lace up sporty athletic fashion sneaker with stitching accents and Air-Cooled Memory Foam insole.
D’lites – Biggest Fan (€50)
A classic look gets updated with comfort in the Skechers D’Lites – Biggest Fan shoe. Smooth trubuck leather and fabric upper in a lace up sporty casual sneaker with stitching and overlay accents. Memory Foam insole.
Not only is the brand stepping up their game by adding new, modern silhouettes like the D’Lites, it is also tapping talent like superstar Camila Cabello to front the brand. Cabello is the face of the brand’s womens footwear collection, namely the recent launch of D’lites 3.0 giving the collection a spotlight on the global stage.
Skechers currently have 20 Irish store locations, from its flagship store at Henry St Dublin, to doors in shopping centres such as Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, Wilton Shopping Centre Cork, Mahon Point Shopping Centre Cork and Crescent Shopping Centre Limerick. Its newest store will launch this April, located at William Street Galway. (For a full list of store locations see bottom)
Love to get your hands on a pair of these versatile chunky trainers? Skechers have kindly offered Hi Style readers 20% off their next purchase – valid until April 29. It’s the perfect excuse to update your footwear wardrobe, just in time for summer.
Founded in the early 1990s, Skechers was established as an “American lifestyle and performance footwear company for men, women and children” putting comfort first. Skechers footwear is available in over 160 countries and territories worldwide via department and speciality stores, more than 2,305 Skechers Company-owned and third-party-owned retail stores, and the Company’s e-commerce websites. The Company manages its international business through a network of global distributors, joint venture partners in Asia and the Middle East, and wholly-owned subsidiaries in Canada, Japan, throughout Europe and Latin America.
Skechers Ireland Store Locations
• Unit 12, Mahon Point Shopping Center, Cork
• Unit 47, Wilton Shopping Center, Cork
• 8 Opera Ln, Cork
• 21,23 & 25 William Street, Galway
• Unit 22 Marshes Shopping Centre, Dundalk, Co. Louth
• The Square Shopping Centre, Tallaght, Dublin 24
• Unit F2, The Pavilions Shopping Centre, Swords, Co. Dublin
• Unit 149, Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, Dublin 15
• Unit 28, Liffey Valley Shopping Center, Dublin 22
• 4 Henry St, Dublin 1
• Unit 27, Athlone Town Center, Athlone, Co. Westmeath
• Unit 26, Whitewater Shopping Centre, Newbridge, Kildare
• Unit 7, MacDonagh Shopping Center, Kilkenny
• Unit 27, Crescent Shopping Centre, Dooradoyle, Limerick
• 1-2 Broad Street, Waterford
• 4-8, Donegall Place, Belfast BT1 5BA, United Kingdom
• Unit 14a, The Quays Shopping Centre, Newry BT358QS, United Kingdom
• Unit 32, Rushmere Shopping Centre, Craigavon BT64 1AA, United Kingdom
• Unit 8/9A Abbey Centre, Longwood Rd,, Newtownabbey UK BT37 9UH, United Kingdom
• Unit 18 The Boulevard, A1, Banbridge, UK BT32 4LF, United Kingdom