100% our type on paper.
The secret behind Huda Kattan’s subliminal neon Instagram posts can finally be revealed. Introducing the new Huda Beauty Neon Obsessions pressed pigment palettes! Available in 3 electrifying colours: pink, orange and green, each palette holds nine ultra-wearable, blendable pigments for subtle to vivid pops of colour. We’re bringing the runway to your everyday looks with these limited-edition palettes.
Vibrant neon hues have been catching the eyes of many this year and after the 2019 Spring/Summer fashion shows, the verdict was made: neon is officially back! Spotting the micro-trend back in 2018, Kattan said, “I need that in a palette – neon is going to be huge!” The result is their new Huda Beauty Neon Obsessions pressed pigment palettes. Taking inspiration from outside of the world of beauty, this was a first for Huda who tapped into her personal fashion obsession to truly drive product development from the packaging to the shade range, as well as the textures and finishes.
Drawing inspiration from beyond just the neon colours themselves, the team pulled textiles and textures as seen on the runway in order to bring the fashion trend to life in beauty. The lit-from-within effect you get from the custom-tooled packaging is a testament to this. Difficult to achieve, the team worked diligently to perfect it to give the illusion that the palettes glow! The packaging alone is a collectable and fashion statement in its own right.
View this post on Instagram
As with any high-fashion trend, we know it can be intimidating. So, when it came to developing the formulas and shade range, the team carefully selected each one to make it easy to create the hottest, most versatile looks! Inside each palette, you’ll find a combination of creamy, matte and super-reflective duochrome formulas in a range of stunning neon colours.
Neon Pink Obsessions: A vibrant collection of 5 matte and 4 duochrome shades of the most flattering pinks, purples and corals which easily build up to bold, monochromatic looks or can be used to create a more subtle, iridescent glow!
Neon Orange Obsessions: A tropical collection of 6 matte and 3 duochrome shades of the most eye-popping yellows, oranges and pinks that seamlessly blend together or powerfully stand alone!
Neon Green Obsessions: A perfectly curated collection of 3 matte and 6 duochrome shades of greens, pinks and neutrals for the iridescent-like dimension your beauty looks crave!
The duochrome formulas were a must-have in creating these palettes. Each with a unique composition, the duochrome shades range from translucent shimmers to highly pigmented metallics. Created with iridescent blue pearls, each of the shades have a multi-dimensional effect causing 2 different colours to appear depending on how the light hits it. This allows them to shine bright on their own, but also layer beautifully with the complementary matte shades for an extra neon pop.
With incredibly beautiful pigments and pearls packed into every palette, it was the Huda teams goal to let creativity and confidence run free. The Neon Obsessions palettes were specifically designed so you can experiment with colour on your face and body, and just have fun with it!
How to rock Neon in more ways than one:
- Blend any of the coral, orange, warm yellow and fushia matte tones on the cheek for a flushed, blusher look
- Experiment with the shimmery shades for a glowing highlight on your cheekbones, temples and Cupid’s bow
- After applying our matte pigments, make your eyes pop by adding the shimmery, metallic shades on top, specifically in the centre of your lid and inner corners of the eye.
- With a precise brush, you can use the bolder neon shades to create intense liner looks
- Make a serious statement by creating a monochromatic colour wash using any of our matte shades
- After applying lip balm, dab the bold, matte shades on your lips for a colourful, stain effect.
- Try adding a layer of our pigments on top of any of the Power Bullet shades to amplify the colour or give it dimension and intensity.
- For the most intense colour payoff, try using the Overachiever Concealer in a lighter shade as a base for an even brighter look. Huda’s preference is the shade ‘Whipped Cream’.
- To quickly and easily remove the bold pigments, she suggests using an oil-based makeup remover.
ShopHudaBeauty.com, Harvey Nichols, Harrods, Selfridges, Brown Thomas, Arnotts, Cultbeauty.co.uk, FeelUnique, Net-a-Porter.