We are tanimals in Hi HQ, We have tried them all and we are very partial to a mousse here. Obviously we are wanting value for money and a tried and tested formula. The experts at Cocoa Brown have given us some tips to enure we are tanned and perfect for the weekend.
- Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells, creating a smooth surface to apply the tan to. Pop on your exfoliating gloves, add a dollop of Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff Body Scrub and rub in long sweeping strokes. The faster you sweep, the deeper the exfoliation. Pay close attention to dry areas (hands, feet, ankles and elbows) and then moisturise. Make sure the exfoliation and moisturising takes place at least 24 hours before application.
- If you’re applying tan after showering, wait at least 40 mins after shower to allow pores to retract to normal. Or if you’re in a rush, blast your skin with cold water to quickly shrink the pores.
- Apply the mousse with a tanning mitt, in circular motions, methodically from legs working upwards, rather than darting from limb to limb!
- Carefully wash palms of hands after application.
- Allow tan to develop for 3-6 hours before washing off, or overnight.
- To maintain tan, moisturise daily – it can last up to 7 days.
- Use Fresh Start to start again! The revolutionary tan eraser formula contains no harmful ingredients and effectively removes all signs of residual tan, leaving skin fresh, clean and ready for your next tan application.