Pick up great value student homewares and household essentials in ALDI from August 31st
The new college term is just around the corner, meaning students all over Ireland will be flying the nest and stepping out on their own for the first time. Moving out is exciting but can be daunting. With that in mind, ALDI has prepared a Student Survival Guide full of top tips around budgeting, cooking, and socialising to make the transition that little bit easier!
ALDI’s Student Survival Guide
- Stock up on non-perishables Can you cook it? Yes, you can! Make sure your kitchen cabinets are stocked with non-perishable canned items like tinned tomatoes, beans, and tuna. Not only are they cheap and affordable but they can be quickly transformed into easy, nutritious meals. Plus, they have a long shelf life, meaning you don’t have to worry about them going off.
- Take advantage of your student discount Between rent, college materials and transport costs, college can be pricey. Save money by availing of your student discount where possible. Whether you’re going to the cinema, hopping on the train, or buying a new laptop, there are plenty of savings to be made by simply flashing your student card. Do your research and enjoy the bargains – they won’t last forever!
- Make friends with frozen vegetables Want to get veggie goodness but worried about precious fridge space? Pick up frozen vegetables like peas, broccoli, spinach and more. They are affordable, convenient and retain all the natural goodness of fresh vegetables. Simply add them to a pasta dish, pop them in a stir fry or enjoy alongside meat and fish.
- Join clubs and societies Looking to make some new friends or try a new hobby? Sign up to clubs and societies in college. They are a great way of meeting new people, exploring new pastimes, and discovering new passions. From tag rugby to debating, you’re sure to find something that piques your interest – and meet other like-minded people who could end up being lifelong pals!
- Shop smarter Living on a budget? Save money on your grocery bills by shopping smarter. Plan your meals for the week in advance and only buy what you need. Swap out premium brands for supermarket own-label products. Don’t forget to take advantage of weekly offers like ALDI’s Super Six on fresh fruit and vegetables, 100% Irish Bord Bia Quality Assured meat and more! Consider starting a kitty with your housemates and go in on household essentials like toilet roll and dish soap together. Plus, never go shopping on an empty stomach!
- Download the Too Good To Go app Earlier this year, ALDI rolled out its partnership with the world’s largest surplus food platform, Too Good To Go, across 160 of its stores nationwide. Their ‘Surprise Bags’ contain a range of fresh items that are approaching their sell-by or use-by dates at a third of the price, costing just €3.99 each to purchase. Simply download the free Too Good To Go app and search for your nearby ALDI store to reserve a bag to collect at an allotted time.
- Follow the right people! Looking for some dinner inspo for meals that won’t break the bank? Look no further! TikTok and ALDI Brand Ambassador Caz Mooney (@irishbudgeting) is best-known for her ‘Feed 5 people under €5’ recipe ideas and money saving tips.
To celebrate the beginning of a new college year, a selection of student homewares will be available in ALDI stores nationwide from August 31st. Pop into your nearest store to stock up on fresh bedding, cooking essentials, bathroom basics and much more. Everything you need to settle into your college abode – without the large price tag!
Don’t sleep on ALDI’s bedroom offers! Make your bedroom nice and cosy with ALDI’s great value bedding. Snuggle up with the Easy Care Double Duvet Set €9.99, which comes with a duvet and two pillowcases. Rest easy on the soft touch, medium support Pillow Pack €19.99 (4 Pack).
Create your own smart study space with ALDI’s workspace accessories. Keep your space clutter-free with the Waste Paper Bin €2.99. Study in style with the cool, convenient Lap Tray €8.99, perfect for balancing laptops or books (as well as late night cuppas!). Charge multiple devices at once with the Design Socket Cube €12.99, which comes equipped with three USB ports. Tidy away stationery, books and more with the space-saving 4 Drawer Storage Tower €19.99. Stay focused on your study as you burn the midnight oil with the Desk Lamp with Charging Station €29.99.
Make dinnertime less of a chore and invest in ALDI’s high quality cookware. Don’t miss out on Essential Kitchen Gadgets €2.99 like a grater, peeler or can opener. Enjoy quick, warming meals when you’re pressed for time with the Microwave Mug/Bowl €4.99. Cooking for the whole house or preparing a dinner for one? Be prepared for all eventualities with the Small/Medium/Large Essential Pans €6.99 – €10.99. Available in a comprehensive range of shapes and sizes, these pans are hard-wearing, practical, and built to last, making them a must-have addition to any kitchen!
Build a blissful bathroom with ALDI’s practical bathroom must-haves. Avoid nasty slips and trips in the shower with the stylish Bath & Shower Suction Mat €3.99. Keep on top of your clothes-washing with the Laundry Bag €5.99. Inject colour into your space with the Chenille Bobble Mat €6.99, available in a selection of bright, bold shades.
Finally, keep your flat clean and organised with ALDI’s everyday practical essentials. Store your favourite breakfast cereals in reusable Cereal Containers €7.99. Pop fresh fruit and vegetables in the 2-Tier Metal Storage Basket €12.99. Dispose of everyday rubbish with the large 42 Litre Moda Touch Bin €19.99, which comes with a touch-top lid and bin liner ring. Clear everyday dirt and dust with the lightweight Corded Vacuum Cleaner €29.99.
Remember: you’ll find everyday essentials in ALDI at amazing low prices – no student discount needed!