By Niamh Varian.
Summer is almost upon it and that means one thing – an abundance of music festivals. When it comes to Electric Picnic, Body & Soul, Indie and the rest, one thing is of vital importance – your festival fashion. Some of the key trends for SS19 include boho, sequins and holographic, neon and denim. We’ve got you covered with some complete looks, including accessories and makeup to have you looking Insta flawless this festival season.
HIPPY/ BOHO VIBE
- Blue paisley co-ord (top €16, pants €29)
- Pair with a fringe bumbag
- Denim shorts and a funky top
- White ribbed crop top (€18)
- Pair with snake print ankle boots(€58) or chunky fila trainers
- Yellow Sun Dress (€16)
- Add layered necklace or a simple choker
- Wear a leather biker jacket or denim jacket
- Pair with sandals or boots
- Perfect shorts for festival season, wear with a plain top or bodysuit
- Add a kimono and accessories to make the outfit festival worthy
- Pink 90’s fringe playsuit (€36)
- Add a funky belt and boots
- Tie dye halterneck flared jumpsuit (€23)
- Add a funky jacket and glitter
- White sequin fringe cropped jacket (€18)
- Pair with denim shorts and bralette.
- Sequin open back jumpsuit (€85)
- Pair with sandals or boots
- Add a belt or bumbag
- Purple tassel sequin shorts (€16)
- Match with a glitter crop top or bralette
- Oversized denim jacket
- Holographic jacket (€23)
- Cover up from the rain in style
- Holographic trousers (€58)
- Match with a bodysuit or bralette
- Holographic bralette and hot pants(€18)
- Paired with gemstone body harness(€28) and chain tassel belt(€28)
- Add layered necklaces and either white or a block colour boot
- Neon oversized fishnet dress (€13)
- Wear over a bralette or bodysuit
- Even pair with cycling shorts
- Add a bumbag and boots
- Neon yellow dress (€35)
- Pair with a bumbag and white boots
- Neon denim green skirt(€21) and jacket
- Pair with chunky trainers and bumbag.
- Yellow backpack (€21)
- Brighten up any outfit!
- Denim Dungarees (€30)
- Add my colourful headband and a colourful backpack
- Pair with trainers
- Embellished Denim Festival Jacket (€25)
- Denim jackets are a festival must!
- Distressed hem denim skirt (€21)
- Match with a cute bodysuit and sandals
- Black denim shorts(€18)
- Pair with mon stripe crochet lace up bardot long sleeve top
- Light denim paperbag shorts (€28)
- Pair with baby blue detailed bandeau crop top
- Add a straw hat and chunky boots.
- Add silver jewellery and glitter
Having a sun-kissed tan for the festival season is ideal but not everyone can achieve that naturally but luckily the Irish tan brand He-shi has you covered!
he-shi was created by two Irish women, their unique Moisture Lock Technology blends natural ingredients to keep your skin super-hydrated and glowing. There is now a complete range that gives stunning results whatever your skin type or application preference. For fair-skinned babes in particular, their ‘so good it could be real’ formulas are a god-send.
he-shi Face and Body Tanning Gel (150ml – RRP €23.00/£18.50) A highly moisturising gel formulated for dry skin. Use as your face foundation that will last all week. Ideal for the festival season as it is long lasting.
he-shi Gold or Dark Foaming Mousse 150ml – RRP €32.50/£26.00 A highly nourishing formula developed to lock in moisture and maintain the skin’s natural radiance.
When it comes to make-up for festivals, anything goes! from a glowy natural look to a bold eye shadow look! The festival field is the perfect excuse to get glittery and try the best of bold make-up looks
When it comes to bold dramatic eye makeup INGLOT Pigment is the way to go!
Face & Body Pigment Powder MATTE (€16)
Intensely pigmented powders that provide a powerful pop of colour that is durable and won’t fall off. Product can be used alone or mixed with other shades to customise colour. The delicate, oil-free formula ensures perfect application.
Highlighters have taken over the makeup world and rightly so, when it comes to festivals and highlighter the more the better!
Galactic Highlighter Drops
Apply on top of your primer on the high points of your face, and again before you apply any powders to your face. for an extra pop of glow apply to the collar bone and the top of your shoulders.
Add a pop of colour to your cheeks with
Peachin’ Highlighter from Primark
A bold Lip can complete a makeup look. Mac Cosmetics party ready lipsticks will put the finished touched to your festival looks.
Keep the 90s dream alive in Raver Girl Lipstick. Featuring the pale neutral pink of Who Wants Kandi? In a frost finish and the sheer purple with blue pearl of Rave Chic in a Frost finish.
Body and face glitter is a must-have look for festivals.
Queen by Lyndsey Kelly
HAIR TRENDS – HAIR SLIDES
Hair clips are coming back! and the festival season is the perfect time to try out the new styles.
Headbands are a key trend in festival looks, here’s a few ideas for this season
Other Handy Bits