Winter manicures call for darker shades, abstract designs, and loads of glitter—and winter 2020 is no exception. Even if you’re not visiting your nail salon as frequently, the best winter nail trends can easily be done at home with a little creativity and the right nail polishes. After all, painting your nails is kind of the perfect quarantine activity. Ahead, 14 of our favourite CND™ VINYLUX™ Long Wear Polishes, to help you nail your looks for winter!
- Indigo Frock is the perfect shade to transition from fall into winter. It is a deep creamy blue with a grey undertone that pairs well with any winter colour palette.
- Oxblood is a rich deep wine that is super elegant for the season. It feels special and dramatic! For your winter manicure make sure you are keeping your nails and cuticles hydrated – they dry out so quickly especially as temperatures drop.
- Brass Button is a metallic gold that compliments every skin tone. You literally have to see it in person, it is breath-taking. Wear it on its own or dress it up with bright or warm accents and you are set.
- We love Arrowhead for its rich colour. It is not as harsh as jet black but still makes a statement with the glossy depth.
- Hypnotic Dreams colour shifts, creating the illusion of navy, purple & olive green. It is great if you are choosy when picking colours if you like nail art or want your polish colour to start a conversation.
- Black Cherry – Whether you have adopted the punk revival seen on the runways this season, or you need a chic colour to pair with your LBD, this near black, vampy red hits the mark. It is a classic and super versatile. What we have on our nails matches what we have in our hand this holiday season—wine!
- Cherry Apple is the perfect burgundy shade. It is not too bright or too dark—just right enough to look great on all skin tones
- Crisp Green reminds us of the gorgeous Irish Countryside and how lush everything is. This fern green is the perfect forest green and I am all about it.
- Safety Pin is a shimmery silver that reminds us of the sparkle of fresh snow and icicles. It is a nice alternative to the more expected darker winter nail. Pair this polish with a cosy winter white sweater.
- Aura is quickly becoming our favourite winter shade for 2020. It is a deep hunter green that looks great on everyone’s skin tone. We like this deep green for the season because it is not so in your face holidays, but it still gives you that cosy, spending time around the fireplace in a log cabin winter vibe.
- Cap n Gown is a khaki, olive green shade that is a fun and unexpected quirky colour to wear for winter. It is also neutral, so it can still go with everything.
- Boheme is lush deep brown tone with a hint of burnt orange. It is elegant while still feeling neutral and perfectly pairs with the colours of fashion during the winter season.
- Bellini is a super pretty champagne that is easy to apply and will add a little glitz to your holiday party look.
- Radiant Chill – A winter favourite that we absolutely love but is not often used is rose gold. You can literally add this colour to any ‘winter’ colour (deep blues, dark reds, white) and it will jazz up your manicure. We sometimes like to use rose gold as a colour as an accent on a finger or two to augment the darker pigments/colours. And if you are the type who likes to only wear one colour, we say the more rose gold the better!
CND™ Vinylux™ €13.95 each CND™ Vinylux™ Gel-Like Effect Top Coat: €13.95